NL FR EN DE
-2018hyacintenhelleketelbos--2815-29-bewerkt-1.jpg

Weeuwhof

In the little Saint-Anna Street there used to be a hops field that was harvested in 1769. On this place canon Proventier commanded the building of a dozen little houses which were built for widows, single women of more than 70 years old and disabled persons. Later on the building was extended, but nowadays because of the modernisation the building consists of 18 little houses. Het Weeuwhof belongs to the CPAS. The pump in the middle of the houses refers to the three benefactors-founders, it’s also called the Saint-Anna square.

More info

Historical building
Religious building
Parking
Tour in group
Accessible for disabled persons
Poperinge